The lovely Carol over at Smile at The Flowers has kindly passed this award onto me and I am most flattered.
I discovered blogland quite accidently a little over 3 years ago and like most of you probably did, I lurked for weeks reading blogs and wondered whether to have a go myself. I finally decided that even if I talked drivel and nobody bothered reading it was a great way of recording my thoughts, feelings, make and daily life in a way that was far better than the pile of dusty diaries I found in a cupboard while doing my de-cluttering!
There are a few rules to follow having received the award so here goes :-
1. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award
2. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
3. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
4. In the same post, include this set of rules.
5 Oooh and forward it to 15 other bloggers
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
- I can't swim ..... much as I would love to just the smell of a swimming pool or sight of a large expanse of water gives me the shivers. I blame this on the older sister of a childhood friend who tried to teach us to swim when I was about 7 years old .... she took us into the deep end and left us!
- I have never had a bedroom all to myself. My kids laugh when I say this but I honestly haven't ..... shared with siblings when at home with parents and with husband since then.
- My husband and I (said in queenly voice) started going out together on 10 December 1973 while in our last year at High School, married on 1 November 1979 and here we still are in 2012 ..... we've had our ups and downs but hey ho that's life!
- I eat almost anything as my expanding waistline will testify but I absolutely hate kebabs .... you know the ones usually found chucked up on town centre pavements on a Sunday morning .... yuk !!
- In a past life I worked for Thomas Cook in the days before computerisation .... they were just introducing Prestel as a source of travel information and I was known as the Prestel Queen.
- I have something in common with Lily Allen, Mark Wahlberg and Anne Boleyn ..... go on google it, you know you want to ;-)
- I have totally surprised myself ..... didn't think I would get to seven !
I follow many lovely blogs but can only nominate just 15 of them for the Versatile Blogger award. I hope you will visit them all, you'll enjoy the experience:-
I know some blogs are "award free" so I have tried to check each one and hope I've not included any, apologies if I have and if you are too busy to fulfill the criteria, or don't wish to accept, I really won't mind xx