Tuesday 12 October 2010

Don't you just love a man bearing gifts .......


I've tried to resist joining in swaps recently mainly due to lack of time and not enthusiasm ..... it's a lovely challenge finding out about swap partners and then choosing things to send.  Beki over at Ramblings of an Everyday Mummy recently organised a pin cushion swap and my lovely partner was Shirl over at IndigoShirl  ... please take a few minutes to visit these lovely blogs if you haven't already.

My swap from Shirl is absolutely fab and I love it all .... how is it that blog friends know more about the things I love than my flipping family do!  Here it is .....



Can't you just smell those strawberries ..... lovely oilcloth fabric which will come in very handy during cream tea season next year, a delicate cross stitch flower, tiny felt strawberry hangers, a strawberry scented tea light in a pretty glass dish, two dinky little cups to add to my miniature collection, a vintage knitting pin box with needles, some pretty fabric to add to my stash and the pin cushion of course!  Thank you Shirl x

The other swap was a Summertime Swap organised by Bloomin Myrtle via the SCC ... this box of goodies arrived this morning and again I am overwhelmed by the generosity of blog-friends.




I've been busy over the past few weeks with craft markets & fairs and have three more to do this year.  Last week my table looked somewhat flat and I was surprised at the amount of stock I have sold over the past months so I'm working on some new ideas to perk it up a little.  On the 23rd October I will be here



I am so looking forward to being there .... this will be my first V & H and one thing I am not short of is vintage goodies from toys to books to craft items to kitchenalia to textiles .... those of you who visit regularly will know what a clutterholic and collector I am so I will be bringing a load of it along to share with the good people of Northampton.  Most of all I will be able to meet lovely blog friends and of course spend a little cash myself ;-)




4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you!! I'm so looking forward to it!!
    Love the swaps you've received! Aren't bloggers great!!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely goodies Debbie, I've thought the same about the swaps and the question as to why our own family don't get it right! So nice to get to know people on the same wavelength.

    Oh another craft fair you are doing - should be a good one, only wish I could get up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your stall Debbie, you certainly have some treasures.
    And what a lovely parcel of strawberry goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some gorgeous items there - aren't blog swaps the best thing ever :)

    Quite excited @ the moment as I know there's a parcel in the postal system heading to me :)

    ReplyDelete