Sunday 26 July 2009

Bargains galore and a productive weekend

Hope everyone is well and not fallen victim to the swine flu or any other nasties out there. I've has a nice productive weekend and feel really satisfied on a Sunday evening that a lot of odd jobs have been ticked off the 'to do' list. We have to try and get as much done as we can in the next couple of weeks because OH goes into hospital on 13 Aug to have his knee replaced and he will be on crutches for 6 weeks and probably at home for 3/4 months. The wet weather has held off round here so we managed to get some car booting in too. The garden has been tidied, redcurrants and first blackberries picked, grass cut and I must start to think of where I am going to plant my bulbs. I also managed to spend some time tidying up the small room where I dump all my craft bits and pieces and car booty bargains ..... it is also the room where the grandchildren sleep when they stay over and it was getting to the point where you couldn't see the bed!



On Friday I put my name down for some crafting and card making materials that a local Freecycler was offering .... I was delighted to get a message late this afternoon to say that I could go and collect them and this is what I came home with



Masses of papers, cards, a cutting set, glue, stickers, books, magazines .... as I childmind these are a Godsend and will keep the small people going for ages.




At the car boot this morning there was a lady with boxes of wool and fabrics from her crafting days so I had a good rummage through and came away with this stash of knitting yarn

buttons, threads - The Percy Pig sandwich maker was from another seller .... unused and a snip at £3

some lovely children's fabrics including some pretty Rose & Hubble



all that lot for a fiver .... much bargains!
I also got another load of knitting yarn yesterday so that's me sorted for the winter months.
Hope you all had a good weekend .... going to get an early night tonight ready for Day 3 of the summer hols .... I've got four children tomorrow and really have to build my energy levels for Tuesday when I have got six !!!


1 comment: