Sunday 19 July 2009

Have you ever had one of those days????

Well I have today. Everything started off fine with a little bit of bargain hunting at the only car boot on round here because it's under cover (it has been piddling down on and off all day)

This is a miniature or toy sewing machine made by a company called Grain in Nottingham who produced them in the 1940s and 50s ... it has a very heavy wooden base and is in the original box with cotton reel, instructions and spare needle ..... it's so sweet and I was going to let my Ellie play with it when she sits with her old nan when she is sewing but I'm having second thoughts now.


On our return from booting the heavens opened and it has been coming down heavy for most of the day ..... when I took the photo it was the one and only bright spot of the day. I then had an argument with number two son which rumbled on but hopefully has been resolved now. Then the oven packed up just as I was baking some bread rolls. Then a good friend popped in to say she has to go for a CT scan on her liver on Tuesday as they have found a nodule growing on it ..... needless to say she is worried sick and has the big C word in mind.


They do say bad things come in 3s so I hope that's my lot for a while.


Some good news is that my new grandson who is due to make his appearance in the next week or two may have decided to swing round in his poor mum's tum from the breech position that he has been in for the past few weeks. I hope so because she doesn't want to have a C-section. It was his big sister's 5th birthday last Thursday and the tea party was held at my house ..... I still don't think I've recovered!!!


I am a registered childminder and our lot finish school this coming Wednesday so I have to get thinking about how to entertain them for the 5 weeks that I will be looking after them all full time (some days there will be six children from 3 years to 9 here so wish me luck).


Don't forget my giveaway for this



the lucky winner will be drawn tomorrow evening. Good luck.

3 comments:

  1. 6 children fulltime.Wow!!!!!
    wishing you lots of peaceful funfilled hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you definitely had one of those days! I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you and lets hope the sun will shine and give us some sort of summer soon. I can't imagine looking after that many kids while its raining! I saw your favourites in your music section on your profile, so much of it is exactly the same as my faves too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of getting one of those vintage sewing machines for my little girl for her birthday or for Xmas. Any reason why you're having second thoughts on letting her use it? Mind you she'll be 8 next so a little older than your grandaughter I think?

    ReplyDelete