Tuesday 27 October 2009

When Smokey sings ..........


I have had a perfect afternoon.  The minded children left early today leaving just me and my now 3 month old grandson Jack (where did that time go????) .... we settled down on the sofa on a grey afternoon for his 4 o'clock feed and I decided to watch the BBC Electric Proms programme from Sunday with Smokey Robinson.  For someone who hits 70 next year he was fantastic.  His voice is still so mellow and wow what hits from the Motown era .... my favourites My Girl, Tracks of My Tears, Going to a GoGo, Tears of a Clown, Baby Baby and loads more.  I remembered every word and so did the audience at the Round House .... what a night that must have been.

4 comments:

  1. "Tracks of My Tears"........ Now that takes me back................. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope baby Jack enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you - could sing along to them all -and 'tracks of my tears' aaaaahhh.

    ReplyDelete