Wednesday 3 March 2010

Catching up

Well would you believe it ..... three whole days of this


and hasn't it put a spring in the step and just the simple pleasure of being able to peg washing outside on the line and putting the clothes horse down (it seems to have been a permanent fixture for months) has made me so much happier.  I am not a winter person and long for lighter days .... the cold I can cope with but not dark mornings and evenings.

With the children back at school and OH back at work after six months of sick leave I am finally getting a couple of hours to myself every day.  I've been out for a wander around the shops in Hitchin, visited the Barton Watermill Shopping Village for a browse and lunch and yesterday went to Laura Ashley and Dunelm to look for some bedding and fabric for my daughter's bedroom.  She hasn't inherited my passion for thrifting and looks at me as though I've gone mad when I suggest budget alternatives.

I've also been catching up with UFOs ..... my vintage fabric quilts are now complete and ready for sale .... I am hoping to take them along to a craft fair in a month or two when I have a couple more completed. 





I've been going round in circles again with some crochet cushion covers





I've also received some lovely orders for alphabet cushions and will be finishing another tomorrow morning.

The no strings project is coming along nicely and is now ready for edging and backing.


and this little knitted bobble tea cosy is finally finished too


It's World Book Day tomorrow but our primary for reasons only known to them have decided that the children will be dressing up as their favourite book character on Friday.  My Ellie has decided that she wants to go as the Hungry Caterpillar so another project for tomorrow is to make her some butterfly wings ... the wire is already shaped and I just need to dress it with some lovely fabric.

It's also my first born's birthday tomorrow ..... where did the last 28 years go ????  I will be reminiscing more about this tomorrow.

Enjoy the sunshine if you are lucky enough to get some x

5 comments:

  1. Hasnt it been lovely to peg washing out? I found myself burying my face in my whites as I took them off the line, just loving the smell of air in amongst it all. Your quilts look stunning, just STUNNING. Enjoy your freedom.......... :O)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the sunshiney weather certainly makes a big difference in how we feel and work and you have certainly been very busy. I love your quilts and the 'Union Jack' cushion, a successful new 'take' on these old ideas really works exceptionally well, very impressive.
    Jak x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been loving the blue skies & the smell of washing that has dried in the fresh air.

    Look forward to seeing your WBD creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more re the weather - it lifts the heart and soul, doesn't it. Long may it continue. And you have been a busy bee - you're so clever.x

    ReplyDelete