Monday 18 May 2009

Grand Designs











I have always wanted a doll's house and a couple of years ago I purchased this one at a local auction house ..... it's not an antique but I fell in love with it just the same. It's quite a big one and measures around 36" across and high. It came with some furniture and some teeny tiny pieces in the shop section and this is how it looked in the original state ..... in need of some TLC.

I am gradually re-decorating and re-furnishing and the small people can't resist a peek when they visit. Will be posting some 'after' pictures shortly.

3 comments:

  1. That doll's house is gorgeous!! You don't usually see them with that setup ( shop with house above).I cant wait to see what else you do with it!!
    I have a doll's hose, it needs work, but I haven't touched it for years, maybe I will start again on it one day. I used to go to great Dolls House and Teddy fairs at Lamport Hall in Northamptonshire. I don't know if they still have them.
    I have a few dollshouse books too. If you're interested, I could let you know the ISBN nos.ans you could order them from your local library.
    Have fun !!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warning - it's very addictive I started with one little shop with a couple of rooms above, now I have about 20 including a pub! Great fun though and great as stress relief. It looks like a lovely house, have fun.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your dolls house, it is a great hobby & has possibly kept me sane (?) for the past 20 years!!! Look forward to more piccies of your progress.
    Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete