Sunday 11 December 2011

The Holly & The Ivy and of course the Mistletoe ...

11/12/2011 by Lalabibaby
11/12/2011, a photo by Lalabibaby on Flickr.

No people I am not looking for a snogfest this Christmas!

When we were at the garden centre yesterday I spied these lovely bunches of mistletoe and thought I would have a go at growing some myself.

Mistletoe is a parasitic plant that grows on a host .... apple and hawthorn are favourites so I have been rubbing the sticky berries into the branches of trees around the garden in hope that some of the little seeds will germinate and I will have some of my own homegrown in future years. I have tried it on cotoneaster, pyrocantha and a plum tree too.

Fingers crossed !

3 comments:

  1. Hope some of the seeds germinate. Love the picture in your blog header - so sweet!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, I love mistletoe. Missed you on Saturday but hopefully see you soon.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were those fingers wearing gloves? I tried that once and got a slightly hallcinogenic effect from the mistletoe berries! It wasn't a nice one...

    I do hope you're not suffering, and that your mistletoe grows.

    ReplyDelete