Friday 30 December 2011

I was not alone ......

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last post .... it would appear I am not alone (so pleased to hear it ladies) ..... wonder if I can talk them into being even more daring next year ;-)

One of my Christmas pressies was a trip to London to see Million Dollar Quartet at the Noel Coward Theatre yesterday afternoon.  It was a girlie day out for me, my mum, my sister and her daughter and my two daughters ..... alas my youngest daughter was struck down with S & D so Ellie came instead .... I am sure that girl put a spell on her mother as she was most disappointed when she learnt we were all going out without her!


We took a lunchtime train to St Pancras and as mum doesn't like going on the underground since the London bombings my daughter pre-booked a private 7 seater car which was waiting for us on arrival.  The car was immaculate and the driver most helpful and he dropped us off right outside the door of the theatre.

The show was fantastic and we were not far from the stage so had a brilliant view ..... the cast all played and sang some rock & roll favourites.



You just can't beat the golden oldies ..... they'll still be around long after Simon Cowell's wannabees are forgotten.  Can you imagine how it would have been if Elvis's twin brother Jesse had survived .... one of him is bliss and two would have been absolute heaven on earth!

After the show our car was waiting to take us back to St Pancras ..... no longer just a railway station this place is now a shopping centre in its own right.  The Champagne Bar just had to receive a visit and then we had dinner in the restaurant before we headed home for bed.  It was a lovely outing for the three generations of my family .... here are some of my own photos of the day



The Lego Christmas Tree at St Pancras station




Inside the theatre ..... Ellie did make us chuckle during the interval when she exclaimed Elvis had just gone into the Gent's loo ..... "he had the shiny suit and hair nanny "she said .... a few moments later the man in the first photo returned to his seat a couple of rows in front of us.  Seems you must never argue with a 7 year old as they are usually right!



Fancy putting a Cath Kidston shop on a railway station!


Appears she is getting a taste for the CK too ... the cocktail I might add was non-alcoholic!  I bought her an I-Pod Nano for Christmas together with some special earphones that she can wear over her hearing aids .... of course she NEEDED a bag to keep them in.



Just sniffing ..... I drank them!


Din Dins ..... Smoked Haddock on a Crushed Potato base with a poached egg topper .... it was delicious!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a wonderful time!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look as though you had a fantastic time!! Thanks for sharing with us, & hope your daughter is a lot better now. (She must have been well miffed!!)
    Happy New Year to you all @: )

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great time.Happy New Year. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, i love the idea of the little one getting in on the CK love!
    Happy New Year!
    x

    ReplyDelete