Tuesday 19 January 2010

Question of the day

Conversation with a four year old on the way to school this morning

Child:  What are those birds flying up there?

Me:  Seagulls and crows

Child:  Crows like fish don't they?

Me:  I think it is the seagulls that prefer fish ..... the crows will eat bugs and worms

Child:  What's a bug?

Me:  All the creepy crawlies on the ground like ants

Child:  Is a ladybird a bug?

Me:  Yes

Child:  Are ladybirds all ladies?

Me:  mmmmm ..... well you don't get manbirds so they may  be

So there is the question of the day people ...... are ladybirds all ladies?

8 comments:

  1. Aw! I think they are 'Our Lady's Birds', named after Mary the mother of Jesus because they are kind of special! A very medieval name if I'm right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love these innocent questions and don't they just make you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawww. They're like little sponges aren't they? Soaking it all up. Bless. I love all their little questions.

    But... I really think there are man ladybirds too or else there wouldn't be any new little ladybirds each year, would there? Or don't you want to explain that one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like trying to explain that while there are male angels, dressing up as one when all the other boys are shepherds is.... Sorry, still recovering from Christmas- haven't got my verdant Nature head on yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its 3 am and I've just been woken up by a wailing cat outside which I thought was mine so my heart is pounding and I can't sleep. Decided to see how my giveaway is going and found you!
    You've calmed me down..I enjoyed the read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment on my blog! It lovely to have dicovered you and I've had a good time reading through your posts.
    p.s. I think some of them might be boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mags you have reminded me of when my eldest insisted on going to the nursery fancy dress party in the park as a bridesmaid .... he was a pretty boy and did look lovely and I still rib him about it now he's almost 28 ;-)

    Thanks for visiting Jackie and Gina too ... so nice to meet new bloggers x

    ReplyDelete