Sunday 31 January 2010

Sixty Minute Makeover Eat Your Heart Out and The Blogiversary Winner Is ......

Wow what a week it has been.  One of my daughters moves house on Wednesday and she was lucky enough to be given the key so that we could get in and do some decorating .... this time last week when I first saw the house it was like walking into a time-warp .... all 80s terracotta and brown everywhere making it look so dark, full of dust (it hasn't been lived in for around 8 years) and with filthy carpets in every room except the living room.

We rounded up family and friends and between us during the past week we have stripped walls, sanded, cleaned, painted and I finished the wallpaper hanging this morning in Ellie's bedroom.  Another friend has laid new carpets today and the children's bedrooms are all ready for them.  How on earth that TV programme claims to do a makeover in 60 minutes is beyond me!!! There is no way and if it was looked at closely it must look a right minging mess.

The house now looks totally different, although it is mostly magnolia and white paint it is clean and fresh and ready to become their home, hopefully for quite a few years to come.  Princess Ellie Cakes is sleeping over with us till the move so I asked her to do the for my 1st Blogiversary Giveaway. 


I have had a lovely time reading all of your comments and seeing the diverse tastes in music we all have or had at one time .... music opens up the old memory cells and I hope you will all agree it has been fun!

I am now pleased to announce that the winner is



Jak over at Winter Tells

Well done Jak and if you would like to e-mail me on debra.brown11@virginmedia.com with your name and address I will pack up your parcel and post it off this week.

Thanks to all of you for entering xx

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your daughter has got a lovely clean fresh home to move into now thanks to all the hard work this weekend.

    Congratulations Jak! I never got to post my record in the end. Real Life has got somewhat in the way recently.

    Hope you have a good week and that Ellies grommet op goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!! I'm sure its now clean, fresh & lovely for your daughter, and little Ellie.
    I was doing the same for my daughter a year ago, it was a case of going to work in the day, and rushing to the house to paint, wallpaper, and carpet clean. At least there was no smoky smell then!! My daughter was given the keys of her house 8 days before. Doesn't allow much time really, does it?
    Have a lovely week & hugs to Ellie!!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone in our village had the 60 Minute Makeover team last year. They were already there when I took my son to school at 8.30am and were still there when I went to collect him at 3.15pm! We heard the final "finished" cheer go up after 6pm! Make of that what you will! ;-)
    Congrats to Jak.
    Love the bowl the draw was made from! Is it old?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! Sounds like hard work, but no doubt worth it. Congratulations to the lucky winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the move goes well, and Ellie's grommits too.
    Well done to Jak !!!

    Love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great to have a 'gang' in to help get the house ready. and congrats to Jak too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello -

    Your daughter is lucky to have a mum like you - you must have worked like a trojan...

    Hope little Ellie's op goes ok

    Love Lydia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops! I meant to enter this but never found the time.
    I have an award for you on my blog if you wuold like to pop by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lala,
    Do you still have your hexy quilt? Would love to see it!
    Yes your package did arrive, I am sure I mentioned it on the string thread, or maybe one of the dailys. Thank you the fabric is brilliant and not only am I going to use it for the quilt but I am going to do another string cushion as well using the strips :) Hope you got mine too xx

    ReplyDelete