Sunday 23 January 2011

Sunshine on a rainy day .......

.......  and my first completed item for Annie the Felt Fairy's 2011 Monthly Make Challenge



Fed up to the back teeth of rain, greyness and lack of sunshine I looked to my fabric stash for something to brighten my week up.  What better than yellow and orange ..... I chose a mix of vintage embroidered fabric and contempory plain/floral/gingham/stripe and I am calling this one Oranges and Lemons.





Hope it's brought you a little sunshine too x

7 comments:

  1. its lovely very cheery I love the swirly-ness of the embroidery
    xx fee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really lovely, well done you and thank you for the 'sunshine' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful did you do all that in one month you are really good.
    I'm doing the monthly make too.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats so beautiful - I'm not normally a yellow person but You've changed my mind - well done for doing it in a month - would take me about 2 and a half years :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea, I had never thought to use my vintage embroidery stuff in a quilt, yours looks really good, Thankyou
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way that the vintage embroidery "dances" round this...... it's a joyous piece of work. :O))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~A Month??? It`s taken me 17 years and I`m still not finished!!Yours is delightful and very cheery for this type of weather. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete